Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rock This Town Vol. 2

A good insight into the beginnings of rockabilly, and a somewhat-decent record of the current trends in this awesome field. I think this album should have included a song by the Cramps (the dark side of rockabilly), but overall, this compilation is just so much fun to listen to!

1. C'mon Everybody - Eddie Cochran
2. Penny Loafers And Bobby Socks - Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones 3. Let's Have A Party - Wanda Jackson
4. Honky Tonk Hardwood Floor - Johnny Horton
5. The Way I Walk - Jack Scott 6. Danny Boy - Conway Twitty 7. Mercy - The Collins Kids 8. Mary Lou - Bonnie Hawkins & The Hawks 9. Woo-Hoo - Rock-A-Teens
10. Action Packed - Ronnie Dee 11. Hot Rod Lincoln - Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen 12. I Hear You Knocking - Dave Edmunds 13. I Can Help - Billy Swan
14. Red Hot - Robert Gordon 15. Hot Rod Man - Tex Rubinowitz 16. Flattop Joint - The Blasters 17. Rockabilly Music - Ray Campi & His Rockabilly Rebels
18. Rock This Town - Stray Cats

rctown2

2 comments:

Brandonio! said...

This is the rockabilly comp that changed my life way back in 91' or was it 92'?My friend Rick was always discovering cool music,and he had this cd.This was a great introduction to rockabilly music for me and my cohorts of all things Rock!

DaBoss said...

Hey Brandonio:
Way cool. I grew up on this stuff and loved it way better than the doowoop things. I like posting these types of classic comps so others might be introduced to the same cool music we all know and love and help start them on their musical journey. For beginners, these a little easier to digest that some of the more rawkin' ragin' groups that you have - you got to be 'xperieced first. Gotta walk before you can run. Keep crankin' it bud!

Related Posts with Thumbnails