Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sabbath in the Suburbs - The Lounge Brigade

Really fun take on the metal gods. You don’t have to be a hardcore Sabbath fan to get into this. Picture the tired old Iron Man & Paranoid with a Latin Salsa beat! It is hilariously well done. The beat is kind of like "Livin' la vida loca from Ricky Martin" Mr.Crowley is played with congas some mystery harps and acoustic guitars, sounds like Cuban/Spanish music from the 50's, not bad. Crazy Train is played with cheezy synthesizers and it reminds me of the later Beach Boys, tolerable. Bark of the Moon is horrible elevator music similar to what you hear at the dentist waiting room. Shot in the dark is New cabaret music, kinda jazzy, good to sneak into a party comp. Just kick back and drink a rum and coke with a cigar. Flying high again- 50's music. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is really jazzy, takes some getting used to. The tenth song is an original by The Lounge Brigade to keep that loungy feel. They should have added more songs and used all the CD space with the 17 songs that would have fit. Who knew Black Sabbath worked well as swingin’ fun. I can certainly appreciate genre cross-over... if it's done WELL. On this album, for the most part, it is. Check it out.

1. Iron Man 2. Paranoid 3. Mr. Crowley 4. Crazy Train 5. Bark At the Moon 6. Shot In the Dark 7. Flying High Again 8. I Don't Know 9. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 10. Bubbles (Original Composition Inspired by the Music of Ozzy Osbourne / Black Sabbath)

bubblysab

2 comments:

Brandonio! said...

I'm listening to this as I speak(type),and I must say this is pretty weird,Yet I really like it alot.I'm curious what my bud's will think? I say they will have mixed feelings,but it will surely give everybody a smile,and definitly something to talk about.The album cover is way wacked out ta boot.Keep'em coming you nut job.

I mean that in the most sensitive way,by the way. Hardy har har!!!

napsmear said...

Kooky....thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails