Welcome to Fat City Cigar Lounge home of a great variety of cool music, outstanding cocktails, good smokes, and lively conversation.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
The Tikiyaki Orchestra - Swingin' Sounds For The Jungle Jetset
The Tikiyaki Orchestra - Swingin' Sounds For The Jungle Jetset (2009)
Tikiyaki Orchestra exist in a class by themselves. There really is no
other band quite like them on the planet. They take the Exotica
tradition as established by pioneers Denny, Lyman and Baxter and bring
it into the 21st century. Their unmistakable sound is a blend of the
coolest retro styles–exotica, lounge, space-age bachelor pad, crime
jazz, spy, surf, spaghetti western and more.
4 albums…. “StereoExotique” , “Swingin’’ Sounds for the Jungle Jetset”,
"Aloha, Baby !" and "Idol Worship and other Primitive Pleasures" prove
that, Exotica is not just background music for the swingin’ tikiphile,
but you can actually hum along, due to catchy, concise and well crafted
songwriting, something that was not always necessarily a main component
of the original Exotica sound. You'll
love all the tropical bird effects, tremolo guitars, and "take me to a
simpler time" feel ingrained in the music. The whole album is solid and
upbeat, with no weak spots, and even the cheesy intro seems appropriate
once you get used to it. The sound quality is excellent, even played
through a High-End home system or headphones. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this for your
Luau and Tiki parties. Track List:
01. Bachelor #1 [03:06]
02. Tabu for Two [03:13]
03. Singapore Swing [03:03]
04. Bachelor #2 [02:01]
05. Dan-O's Day Off [02:25]
06. Sunset on the Kona Kai [03:41]
07. Tango Tahiti [03:32]
08. Bali Hai-Ball_FinalMix(master) [05:02]
09. Makaha [02:59]
10. Last Sampan to Kowloon [04:12]
11. Bachelor #3 [02:43]
12. Poho Moku [05:01]
Lounge Rules: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service. Just Kidding. Come as you are, you can even take your clothes off when you dance. (In the back room). For Real: 1. Lively Discussion is encourgaged -- foul language and other types of impunation of character is not. Evil will be deleted.
2. The Music posts are for enjoyment and evaluation purposes only. If you like it -- Please, go buy it, and support the artists who produce it and perfom it. Go to their shows, buy their t-shirts, etc. The independents we showcase need your help to make more cool music. Otherwise, You-Know-Who Wins. If you don't like what you hear, please delete it out of your computer to make room for stuff you do like.
3. All other contributions are welcome, and will be posted at proprietor's discretion
Am a musicholic - I'm 52 -- I heard my first Ventures song in '66 and have been a fan of twang ever since. Of course all the other guitar gods were added over the years, along with a lot of other great music. I have been a DJ in my younger years on air -- WPFW and in clubs and currently produce a local television show about the performing arts.