Thanks to Teisco we now have the full set.
Volume 2 of this bootleg series sports a few otherwise unknown instros, and has a much higher quotient of surf than volume 1. Disturbingly, there are three problems with this disc. First, many of the tracks are in some sort of processed stereo. Second, many are available from masters elsewhere. Third, some tracks sound like they are copped from other bootleg comps. Even with these issues, it's still worth having.
1. The Vydels - Unknown
2. ? & the Mysterians - Hang In
3. The Ron-De-Voo's - Pipeline '66'
4. The Gestics - Kahuna
5. The Centurys - Gandy Dancer
6. The Morzels - Sharkskin
7. The Atlantics - Monkey Tree
8. The Jades - Surfin' Crow
9. The Fabulous Playboys - Shortnin' Bread
10. The Torquays - Busting Point
11. The Torquays - The Other Side
12. The Emotionals - Misirlou
13. The Guitar Ramblers - Surf Beat
14. The Centuries - 4th Dimension
15. The Fabulous Playboys - Chearter Stomp
16. The Patents - Blue Surf
17. The Tornadoes - Bustin' Surfboards
18. The Reveliers - Hanging Five
19. The Hollywood Tornadoes - Moon Dawg
20. The Scarlets - Stampede
21. Lenny & the Thundertones - Homicidal
22. The Goldtones - Strike
23. The Centuries - Jack 23
24. The Catalinas - Banzai Washout
25. The Pyramids - Penetration
26. The Treasures - Minor Chaos
27. The Scallywags - The Big Wave
28. The Tornadoes - Lightnin'
29. The Venturas - Ram-Charger
30. The Illusions - Jezabel
31. The Thunder Heads - Thunder Head
32. The Creations - Crash
AND NOW, THE NEWS...
1 year ago