Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spies Like Us -- The Crime Lounge

For some more of the classiest and coolest spy, crime, and thriller sounds check out The Crime Lounge run by THXJAY. He as an awesome collection of vintage crime and spy jazz that will add a thrill to your evenings and make those long drives soooo much more fun. He's kindly allowed me to repost some of his great scores and comps -- what a great way to classy up the place. Of course, I will be continuing my own posts here so all of you detectives out there get the best of the modern and the classic.

No better way to settle down to some hard crime jazz that to sip a classic martini. As a refresher -- here's how it's done.

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 oz gin or vodka ( your preference)
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 green olive or lemon twist for garnish

PREPARATION:
Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice cubes.
Shake well
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
Garnish with the olive or lemon twist.

Add a dark as night Onyx Reserve cigar and you have a killer combination. What makes the Onyx Reserve so good, what gives it its “got to have” rich smoky spicy flavor is its Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, the most expensive wrapper to be found anywhere. It is aged and processed to produce the black-as-coal Maduro wrapper. This is the Connecticut Broadleaf that has earned Onyx Reserve 90-plus ratings. MMMMMMMMM, MMMMMMMMM Good!

2 comments:

THXjay said...

Hey,

Thanks for the mention, I seem to have started a bit of a revival for spy music, you beat me to the ultra-lounge volume, I'll be posting that soon myself (great minds:)

Thanks, be in touch

Jay

DaBoss said...

Jay,
You beat me with the Crime Jazz collections so I had to do something fast. My classic crime collection isn't very big -- so I'll get back to the modern stuff real fast. Keep an eye out and take what you want -- we'll post more. Love your comp section -- I discussed the same issue with EEK before he got sick for the ones we are working on together. Great minds :-0
Best
GeorgeW

Related Posts with Thumbnails