During the mid to late 60's, the Shanes were one of the most popular bands in Sweden along with the Hep Stars, the Tages, and Ola & The Janglers. In 1963, they cut their first single named “Gunfight Saloon" , an instrumental track which went into Sweden's Top Ten. Many of the Shanes early singles were instrumental tunes with cowboy themed titles. Gunfight Saloon was just one of many Top Ten charters the Shanes had in Sweden. At the beginning of 1965, the Shanes got their big break when they toured all over Sweden, and were chased by hysterical fans.
The Shanes were also known for their considerably long hair, much longer than bands like the Beatles had worn. This lead to much slandering in the press where they were frequently referred to as "long-haired scum", and it was not always so easy for the group to get into various public places.
In the Spring of 67, 4 members of the Shanes were drafted to the Swedish military. A year later, after their service, the Shanes found music to be a lot different. This lead to the breaking up of the Shanes. In 1969, Torra Rautio said "Pop is not dead. As music... perhaps. But pop changed while we stood still. It broadened, grew deeper. It became clothing, things, a whole world, a lifestyle, protests. Pop still lives and is becoming more political now. Soon pop will be just politics."
01. Gunfight Saloon - 1:56 02. Oh, Wow! - 1:57 03. Pistoleros - 2:27 04. Gun Rider - 2:06
05. Keep A Knockin' - 1:39 06. Come On Sally - 2:16 07. Let Me Show You Who I Am - 2:25
08. Say You Want Me - 2:04 09. The Shanegang - 2:18 10. Georgia's Back In Town - 3:38
11. My Lover Baby - 2:02 12. I Don't Want Your Love - 2:17 13. Crazy Country Hop - 3:13
14. Skinnie Minnie - 2:58 15. It's Alright Babe - 2:07 16. Marshall Clayton - 2:22 17. Blue Blue Feeling - 2:35 18. People Don't Like Me - 2:17 19. Break Down - 2:47 20. I Don't Care, Babe - 2:58 21. Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo - 2:45 22. Dreamgirl - 2:13 23. Can I Trust You - 2:47 24. Like Before - 2:04
25. Let Me Tell Yah' - 2:32 26. Nobody Nobody - 2:42 27. Chris-Craft No.9 - 2:05 28. Save The Last Dance For Me - 2:03 29. Drip-Drop - 1:57 30. Cara Mia - 2:22 31. Faces, Faces - 2:45
32. Friday Kind Of Monday - 2:16