Cover versions of mostly Booker T and the MG’s songs by modern surf oriented groups.
Several bands appeared on the "SURFIN' SENORITA" compilation album that was also put out by Wildebeest Records, right here in the archives. That cd is excellent, and this one is totally different. These are soul instrumentals and there is more of the funky vibe and phrasing than the usual surfy reverb twang. Hey, surf bands got “soul”, too. Great songs by Tiki Tones, Los Banditos, Sandblasters, and Cocktail Preachers. Get your groove on, bro!
Served by Brandonio
1. Green Onions - Slackmates 2. Chinese Checkers - Tiki Tones
3. Soul Limbo - Los Banditos 4. Hang 'Em High - Sandblasters
5. Hip Hug-Her - Del Noah & The Mt. Ararat Finks 6. Melting Pot - McLemore Ave.
7. High Ride - I Cosmonauti 8. Soul Dressing - Omega Men
9. Can't Be Still - Sir Finks 10. Rinky Dink - Cocktail Preachers
11. Kinda Easy Like - Waistcoats 12. Born Under A Bad Sign - Bradipos IV
13. Time Is Tight - Pollo Del Mar
AND NOW, THE NEWS...
10 months ago